Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We're Back

Well, summer is really over.

As you probably know, we are renovating the library, and hope that it will be completed sometime in November. In the meantime, we're making do with a mini-library (I do mean mini...) in room 245.

I've been checking out some of the good books published over the summer. Read Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins? If you haven't, it is a must read - suspenseful and captivating. The sequel, Catching Fire, is already in the Sage library. If you like E. Lockhart (The Boyfriend List, The Boy Book) her latest, The Treasure Map of Boys, is available as well. Lockhart is chick lit at its very best. Soon to come but not yet published: the prequel to Graceling. Ask me about it in a month!

In a few weeks we'll be starting our non-fiction book clubs again - Yell-Oh Girls and Born on a Blue Day. The books were provided by a grant called New Yorkers Read - soon you'll be seeing promotional materials around the school. Look for it!

7 comments:

  1. yo thank you so much for all these great books i never thought i would read them but dude all these books are so good, man i cant put 'em down i also think that my english grade might actually improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that certainly works for me! see you soon - mrs. m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Marcelo in the Real World and I really like it. I think that Born on a Blue Day would be really interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop in - if you'd like , I'll sign you up for the book club - we should be starting in a few weeks -mrs. m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you hear about mr.austins's book club if you did pls tell me anything you know about it
    thank you
    you know you love me
    xoxo gossip girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll check it out with Mr. Austin. Stop by. (Sure, I love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. when is the prequel for graceling coming out?

    ReplyDelete