Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Freak the Mighty


So, the question is: why did it take me so long to pick up this book? It's been around since 1993, (yes, older than you kids!) and it's just wonderful! Two boys, each with problems - some physical, some educational, some emotional - find a friendship where the whole is so much stronger than the sum of its parts. You'll laugh and cry for these boys (I did, anyhow). If you've never read it, do! It's a quick, exciting, and emotionally satisfying read. Philbrick has recently written a sequel - Max the Mighty - but that one is packed away until the library reconstruction is done.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew there was a sequel but I loved the first one and the ending was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so my favorite part was teh dictioanry in teh end it was funny in a sympathetic sort of way but im not sure it was in all the editions
    it was a great book and i loved the ending

    ReplyDelete