Sunday, March 8, 2009

Like books?
I do!

So I thought that this might be a nice forum to talk about them. I'll start.....

If you're a Sage student (and you probably are) you already know that I'm in love with books.
And you know that I love sharing them with you. (Hey, if you're a complete stranger, that's fine too! Just give me some feedback if you like the ones I recommend.)

Where to begin? Well, last night I finished Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. This was an amazing read. It's a combination of sci fi and suspense, with elements of Orwell's 1984, and the feeling of combat in a Roman amphitheatre. It deals with a dystopian (go on, look it up!) future society that will repel you and mesmerize you at the same time. If you're a nail biter, say goodbye to your fingernails - it's that good. A sequel is coming out. I'm not positive when, but I believe late summer/early fall. If you enjoyed the Uglies series, or House of the Scorpion, you'll like this.
Anyone out there read it yet? What did you think? And which guy are you rooting for? (That was vague enough, wasn't it? I'd hate to give anything crucial away...)

Mrs. Mittelman (aka the book blogger - don't I sound 21st century?!)

2 comments:

  1. The second book for hunger games is suppose to be called catching fire and there are people saying its coming out in September 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for letting me know - it'll go on my wish list for next year - Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete